Friday, May 14, 2010

The Mystery of the Missing & Mangled Toothbrush...

So, about a week ago I could NOT find my brush head to my supersonic Sonicare toothbrush. This was a bad way to start my day as I have a very serious attachment to this instrument. You see, I am very obsessed with my oral health.  Having braces has put a strain on my relationship with my mouth so my new toothbrush (I have to give props to my orthodontist -as he supplies these AT COST to his patients) has helped bridge the gap...pun intended! :)

I looked for my missing brush head all day. I gave in and used a "normal" brush but was not receiving any satisfaction at all. I was seriously getting "shaky" from withdrawals. Finally, I showed my 3 year old daughter her Daddy's brush head and asked if she could possibly help Mommy find HERS.  Her reply was a very confident, "Sure Mommy, follow me..." I was more than happy to play along. She leads me into my closet behind my husband's hanging shirts. This is one of her favorite hiding spots so I figure she just is taking advantage of this moment so we can play a little game of hide and seek.

As I'm uncomfortably squeezing behind all of these clothes I notice a small white something and lo' and behold' there it was in all of it's mangled beauty...My daughter knew EXACTLY where it was and obviously had some help from her furry little friend who obviously enjoyed this brush head as much as I do.

Now....we don't live close to a store that carries these but I figured this was worth a trip to Sam's Club so I could "buy in bulk" and not relive this traumatic event again. Needless to say, my mouth and I have restored our relationship for the time being and we're smiling again!

*NOTE*
May is National Smile Month

Smiling triggers your body to release those feel good endorphins and serotonin so remember to do it and do it LOTS...c'mon brace face.. SMILE!

No comments: