Saturday, November 20, 2010

Revision Rhapsody

So, friends....I had my OS check up on Thursday. To refresh everyone, on Dec. 1st I will be three months post-op on upper and lower jaw surgery. I went up 5 mm on top jaw and forward 10 mm lower jaw. During surgery the OS opted NOT to add a chin implant as we discussed it would only be added if OS thought I would absolutely need it to balance out my features. I am only 5'2 w/ "rounded" features and I didn't want too defined of a chin. I am very pleased with their decision to keep my own chin! lol.

To answer a few questions previously asked: Am I 100% happy I had the surgery?

These are all in my purse. I'm addicted...especially to the lil' teal one! :)
 At this point I am not 100% but I have to say I know I would've spent the rest of my life wondering how different everything would've been if I went through w/ the surgery. So for me the risks outweigh my wondering mind for the rest of my life!  The positives are: I can breathe so much better. I haven't had ANY fullness in my ears (and we've been down w/ colds all week) no headaches or facial pain. So far my jaws are not clicking like they used to...so this is awesome to me!

Another Question: Since my back molars do not fully touch yet...Am I confident that my
Ortho can fix this so I can actually CHEW????  Yes!!! I have total faith in him. He is awesome and actually teaches at the dental school in Kansas City so though it may take me longer to get all worked out I DO believe it will happen! :)

Okay, now for the not-so-good news...I am singing the "Revision Rhapsody". I had to schedule a consult w/ a different surgeon for Dec. 9th to look at my nose. I guess it "buckled" when they took the drainage tube out of my nose and now it regrew deviated.  Very deviated. I had a little deviation to the right before surgery. Not sure if they tried to fix that but the deviation is to the left now anyway. I was told (and confirmed through other sites) that this can and does sometimes happen so it is what it is. The good thing is I'm familiar w/ this surgeon, he's an in-network provider and insurance should cover it so I'm not fretting too much. I know my OS feels bad and it's not his fault. Everything else looks good and my bone is starting to grow back in. Not sure when they'll schedule this revision surgery but I'm hoping it's soon. I'd rather get it all over with, you know???

Thanks to you that are voting for my dad! You can continue to vote through Monday morning. I hope he wins. He's an awesome person who does so much for others and I have some great ideas on how to "bless" some organizations w/ the prize jewelry if he does win. If you haven't already, please check out his article and vote through Monday for "Unselfishly Giving Moore" at www.JIC.org/gemcontest

Until next time, Goodbye everybody...I've got to goooo, gonna leave you all behind and face the truth....


wayne's world partytime excellent


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisha! Thank your for the update! Glad to hear that you are happy with your decision. I think the deviated septum is a small price to pay and they will have you fixed up in no time. Are they doing anything to your nostrils or have they settled down a bit? I know you were going through issues with that as well.

Anonymous said...

GIRL- suck city to have to go through a septum revision but
that surgery will be SO minor compared to what you have been through.

Hang in there little friend. This will all be a distant memory before too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy

E Hest said...

:) Thanks guys! My consult is on the 9th so I'll find out more then but he is a certified plastic surgeon so I'm sure he'll want to fix the nostril situation as well! lol! It hasn't really calmed down and actually for the first time my Hubby had a negative comment. As soon as he found out I was having my nose "fixed" he was like GOOD, your nostrils are HUGE! lol! It must be really noticeable for HIM to say something! :)

Braced Blogger said...

Hey Elishia, how did your consult go ... it was today right?? I hope it went well and thanks for keeping us all posted!!