Friday, April 22, 2011

Pics for my Peeps!

Okay, I must really love y'all because I'm going to go ahead and post some pics. Be forewarned! Both sets of pics are w/out makeup and in my after I'm sporting a nice cold sore on my upper lip. I'm also still pretty swollen on my upper lip and around the edges of my nose. Nothin' like the jaw surgery though.

I don't think my nose has changed as much as I would've liked it to, but I DO notice some changes...and...like I said, I still have quite a bit of swelling. Also, I have to keep in perspective... I went in to fix my breathing and some wishful thinking, NOT for a rhinoplasty or anything cosmetic.

Also, I can't remember if I told you this or not but they had to rotate my upper jaw during my jaw surgery because they couldn't find good bone to attach it..so my midline is never going to be right in the middle. This is probably the cause of most of my nose issues. I'm actually still really upset about that...but...what're you gonna do? Life isn't always a basket of Cadbury creme eggs is it???

On a side note, I took my 6 year old son in to have a minor oral surgery today. His frenulum that attaches his tongue is too close to the tip (tongue tied) and his upper one is right between his two upper teeth causing a large gap. So he had those clipped today. I probably am overly obsessed but the Dentist recommended it and at this point I will do whatever it takes to help him NOT have to experience what I have had to! :( He's feeling pretty good. It was actually kinda comical to watch him come out of anesthesia...

 Okay so here are the god-awful photos. When I lose the cold sore and the swelling goes down I'll post one w/ makeup. :)

You all have a very blessed Easter!!!! XOXOXO E
 


I don't notice much of a difference in the before/after but I'm still pretty swollen. We'll see.... 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cadbury Creme eggs....mmmm, my absolute favorite. Been eating a ton lately... ;)

You know, my best friend growing up had one round nostril and the other was shaped like a bean. I knew because she was my best friend. But I don't think anyone else had any clue.

I think it looks fine but i'm pretty obsessive so perhaps i'd stress about it too. Does your doc think it can be improved, as a cosmetic produce, if you really, really wanted? Either way, you should be thrilled with your new look.

Somedays I feel pretty and fear what i'm doing to my face. Other days I feel ugly and think who cares, can't be worse. I can already feel the roller coaster ride starting!

E Hest said...

Both plastic surgeons said it is extremely difficult to fix uneven nostrils. Not to mention the cost would be approx $6k...not worth it to me. I would be fine (I think) if it was something I was born with. The fact that it was an unexpected "accident" during this jaw surgery is what I feel I'm having a really hard time dealing with. I just didn't excpect to come out of it w/ a messed up nose. I really liked my nose! :( But, I will eventually come to terms with it and just accept it as a part of me...kinda like stretch marks...war wounds?? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh do I love a Cadbury Creme egg!!!!!

My son has had his tounge clipped twice! The first time was by a dentist when he was 6 months. It was still sort of tied after that so they went ahead and clipped it more when the put tubes in his ears.

Anywho back to the topic at hand. I have uneven nostrils myself....I NEVER EVEN NOTICED that I had them either until I started taking pictures of my teeth once I got my braces on. I have been so preoccupied with my jaw that I never freakin noticed it. Hard to belive to because they are pretty uneven. Now that my jaw is fixed I have been obsessing about them more. I suppose if it isn't one thing it is another! :) Hope the breathing is better after your septo because even with my uneven nostrils I can breathe so much better after my surgery and I am so happy!!! I know you will be too!

Happy Easter to you my dear!!!

E Hest said...

Yeah, my son is still pretty sore and I think he's kinda depressed! :( Hopefully being around family today will cheer him up! Okay, if you guys like Cadbury Creme eggs you have GOT to try these that my son got from the Easter Bunny! :) They were from World Market and they're called Milka L'il Scoops. It comes with four large chocolate eggs filled w/ creme and two l'il spoons. Not only are they adorable...they were ohh so delicious! :) I don't know....they may even top Cadbury!

E Hest said...

Mandy, I don't even NOTICE your uneven nostrils, even when I'm totally trying to find it in your pics! :) You have such a cute nose! I hope your night out was super fun! I can't wait for a brace-free night out. My face will hurt from smiling so much!!!

Tina! I know exactly how you feel regarding your roller coaster. I think as women it's something we all probably struggle with but some of us are more vocal about it than others. I know I am still on the roller coaster, too. Would LOVE to leave the amusement park for awhile! ;) Hang in there girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisha! I love that you and Mandy come back and check on my progress! You two gave me the courage to go through with the surgery and your advice is so wanted because you know what i'm going through. I hope my end result is as positive as both of yours. I think I will feel better once I leave my ortho's office tomorrow with a plan.