Sunday, April 17, 2011

Who Nose????

Okay, so I haven't updated lately...sooo busy. But, here's the scoop! I'm going in tomorrow morning for my septoplasty surgery on my nose. She will also trim down my turbinates while she's in there to help me breathe better. My allergies have been super duper lately.

I went back and forth on deciding what I should do regarding the shape of my nose and rhinoplasty. Of course insurance wouldn't cover this and it would change my face even more...I don't think I'm ready for any more changes at this stage. Maybe I'll revisit that later in my life but for now we're just going to fix my septum and in turn fix my nose breathing. I'm praying that it WILL fix that left nostril that's a little funky. My Dr. told me she always makes sure to let patients know that septoplasty is for function only and that it will not be a cosmetic procedure to change the shape/look of your nose....but...in my case she said it "should" improve the look of that funky left nostril! Who nose (knows! :) ) Maybe it will. I can only hope!

I have to say I feel like my journey is taking a little longer than my fellow jaw surgery sistas and brothas and I'm a little frustrated. I wish I knew what the deal-e-o is...I went to my Otho on Tues. He seemed to be a little disappointed and said I was getting an overjet again and put some heavy duty bands back on to bring my bottom jaw forward more. I didn't dare ask when I was getting my metal mouth removed. I know the last time I asked he said the Fall...Blah!!!! I'm seriously being a good little listener and doing everything asked of me!!!

Well, I just wanted to shoot a quick post with my newest info and I'll keep you updated on how the surgery went/goes. In good news...my  Oral Surgeon offered to help with the cost of my septo! I am ever so grateful for this as I really think it was the surgery center tech that yanked my nose tube out causing the prob. Anyway,  my deductible and out of pocket max will be $3,000...My OS said to show him the bills once everything is done and paid for and they'll help out. Awesome! Major blessing in the scheme of things...Well, I hope all of you are doing great! I haven't had time to check a lot of your blogs lately... so sorry! :( But, if you DO read a lot of blogs...answer me this...what is average amount of time most people have their braces on AFTER their surgery?  I'm going on 9 months now and no sign of removal...I feel like some sort of freak or something..Please tell me there are some out there that have me beat????

Notice the funky left nostril? Hello!


Notice that jawline? Helllooooo!
 XOXOX E

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo glad to see your post! I think u truly look amazing! I do see the funky nostril if I look closely but hopefully tomorrow's surgery will take care of that.

9 months seems like a reasonable amount of time to be in braces post-surgery. But i'll be honest, my ortho is telling me six... I sure hope u are able to get them off by the one year mark. That'd probably be my tolerance level.

My surgery is set for may 11th. I'm a little nervous but it's been your journey, and mandy's, that made me decide to proceed. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I am sending good thoughts your way on your surgery tomorrow. I know you'd have some frustrating setbacks but think positive, you are almost there! I can't get over how crazy beautiful u and mandy look. Wow-zas!

Keep us posted girl!! I wanna hear how your surgery goes!

JEN said...

You really look fabulous! Good luck with your procedure.

holski said...

I hope everything went well Elishia! Please update soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I hope your surgery went well! Please let us know!!!

Thinking of you!

xoxoxo
Mandy

stephanie said...

I was in them almost 11 months post surgery - surgery was July 1, braces came off the end of May.

You look great! I know it's tough those last few months in braces - and gah, did I despise rubber bands by the end, but now it's completely worth it :)