Saturday, October 30, 2010

2 Months Post-Op!

Hi all! Well, I can NOT believe it's been two months since the super duper jaw surgery. I've been feeling pretty good. I'm still somewhat emotional about the acne (which I've come to realize on my own is a RASH with a few zits thrown in for good measure) and I'm also emotional about my nose/nostrils looking so different. I'll get used to it, I know. But, while I was complaining to my Hubby the other day my wonderful, wonderful son (who is six) says, "But Mommy, you have such a beautiful smile now!" Ohhhhhhhh, did it melt my heart (and shut me up), I ran right over to him and just hugged the life out of him.!!!

I am feeling really good. I still mostly soft chew and blend stuff as it's just easier but I'll have the okay to eat most anything on Thanksgiving! YAY! I still have those dreaded surgical hooks in my mouth and they really do get in the way. I see my Ortho on Wed so I hope he takes them off. I also realized last week that I had been positioning my rubber band wrong on my brackets. Ooops! I have no idea how long I was doing this or how bad it could have effected anything but it's under control now. I called the Ortho office and had them explain where it SHOULD be so we're good now.

Last night we carved pumpkins and made a pumpkin pie. Tomorrow is my dad's 69th birthday so we will have a fun celebration and then go trick or treating. Busy, Busy. Thankfully, the kids are out of school Monday so they can recover from the sugar high. I am "attempting" to make my son a Sonic the Hedgehog costume. I'll post pics tomorrow...not sure how great it will be but I couldn't find a costume anywhere (that I wanted to pay THAT price for) so homemade it is! :)

I still am slightly numb in my bottom lip but it's getting all tingly so that's a positive. Also, I never knew how sensitive my face would be to hot/cold. If I'm in the sun, my face feels super hot pretty fast. Also, if I'm in the wind or cold air it gets super cold fast. Very normal I'm sure...just something I wasn't expecting. 

Well, I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween. I'm going to post costume pics tomorrow as I have a favor to ask of all of you...but...you'll have to wait to find out.......Bahhhh Haaa Haa Haaaaa (my evil witch laugh)..XOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am feeling you on the sensitivity to cold & wind. It sucks! Also, my teeth are really sensitive right now. I have been using sensodyne toothpaste but still feels sensitive.

Happy two month anni and happy trick or treat!

xoxox JSM

Brent said...

Hi Elishia!
Wow, 2 months already, how exciting! What a sweet thing for your son to comment on your beautiful smile now! Very cute kids too!

Have a wonderful trick or treat day!!

Regards,
Brent