Friday, October 15, 2010

6 Weeks Post-OP

Well, I am now a little over six weeks post op. Nothing too exciting to post! Fellow Jaw Breaker friend, Mandy, had her surgery on Monday. She hasn't posted anything on her blog yet but sent a quick email stating she is a clucking, swollen mess! :( But she is well and surgery went well. She is in her dreaded 3-4 day post surgery bliss and I PROMISED her that it WILL get better. You're in my prayers girlfriend! I can't wait to see pics and for you to be your chipper self again. You'll be up and at em' before you know it!

I had my follow up w/ the OS yesterday. He thinks my bite is looking great, swelling is going down. He's still a little concerned w/ my left nostril and I'm also a little concerned as I have a harder time breathing out of it. He brought the plastic surgeon in and he also said to wait 5 more weeks and we'll look at it then. There is def still some swelling around that area so I'm believing it WILL get better. If not I will have septoplasty done to correct my septum. This procedure would be done outpatient. I'd like to have it done before the end of the year though, so I could claim it on taxes with the rest of this god-awful amount! :) Of course insurance only covers this w/ a prior-auth so we start down that road again.  Sigh...I just have to believe it will all be miraclely (is that a word???) better in 5 weeks! Here is my 6 week photo. I cut bangs and wore a little makeup. I still got Aunt Acne....she's fighting that lil' blue pill w/ all her strength and is so far continuing to win. Sigh...little blue pill...it's time for you to whoop some acne-you-know-what!!!!!!



MJS, don't be checkin' out my dirty laundry room to the left! :)

On the family front...my favorite cousin read my blog and called to apologize for her comment about the famous face! :) She said if she really meant I looked bad she would've ignored me all day b/c she wouldn't be able to tell me the truth!! That sounds pretty accurate so I really think she was just trying to make me laugh!  My MOTHER on the other hand is another story...she asked me a few days ago if my nostrils will always be this big. Seriously? I'm sure they flared a little MORE after that comment! Grrrrr....My nephew also made note of my cheeks commenting they look rather "full".


    So, needless to say, I'm a little discouraged w/ the comments of my fellow family members.   But, on a medical note: I am sleeping better,eating better and have an overall feeling of happiness in light of the acne, nostrils and cheeky cheeks! Some favorite foods include: avocados w/ sour  cream and salsa, re fried beans w/ pico de gallo, mushed up quiche Lorraine and of course the chopped-up chicken enchilada!

I have lost approx 12 lbs. and holding. I really need to start working out some. I've been pretty lazy but I plan on changing that. Don't we all????

My stitches are all dissolved except for a few on my upper incision.   I'm really working on stretching and massaging my face as my upper lip feels stiff. I guess this is common. Bottom lip is still numb but OS isn't worried about this yet as things are still healing and some residual swelling is still there. Well, that's all folks......

Have a Happy Happy Day

XOXOXOXOXO

E



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look adorable! Really! I think you look younger with your new face.

I have been stalking Mandy's page to see if she has a new update. So glad to hear she messaged you that she is okay.

Monday I was having dinner with my boyfriend and I told him about how Mandy had her surgery earlier that day and he was laughing about how I found all these fellow orthognathic ladies! Ha!

You girls both have the same issue as me, and are same age, etc so it is very cool to see the whole progression. I only hope that I can be of help to someone else in the same way.

Anyway, glad to see you are doing so well. The nostril thing...eh, they will fix it if need be, no worries. I think we can consider your surgery a success!! :-)

E Hest said...

Thanks! I am totally the same way. I remember Mandy being my cheerleader and I thought I would still be down for the count when her's came around. It's amazing how fast we can bounce back. I just know she'll bounce back fast as well! Welcome to Puma Power club! lol! ;)

It's so nice to have something like this for us to all relate.

Anonymous said...

You look great, and I think you look younger too. You also look like you feel really well and are happy. I'm glad to hear Mandy is fine too, I was stalking her page too.
Louise

Brent said...

Hi Elshia!

Thanks for the update on Mandy, I too have been stalking her site to see how she did!

Your recovery looks great and so do you. I seems as though family has the most brilliant way of saying things to get under our skin. I am very glad to see you doing so well and you look just fabulous!
Have a wonderful week!
Regards,

Brent

E Hest said...

Thanks friends!!! Mandy's hubby just posted an update on her. I guess she's been having some trouble. :( I hope she's taken a turn for the better now. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

E
Looking good mama! Sorry to hear about the potential additional surgery. Us Pumas really put in a lot of work to look gooooood!!!

So glad to be feeling better as that first week was unbelievably rough..I was wondering what the hell I had got myself into. Feeling good now and loving it! :)

By the way, you know I was checking out that laundry room! LOL!!!

xoxoxo JSM

E Hest said...

Miss Mandy, You know how to make my day!!!!! Sooo glad you're back to your spunky self!

I have to say I'm very jealous of your mouth! It looks awesome! Even w/ all the swelling your lips come together. Pucker up you Puma! ;)