Sunday, October 3, 2010

One MONTH Post-OP

Sorry guys! I missed my exact one month post op party! :( We've had some things going on and I'm just now able to update.  But, I did take my pic on Thursday so I'm posting that. Things are going pretty slowly now. My OS appt. was a week ago and he took off my rubber bands for a whole week. It was really nice. I really worked on stretching my mouth and opening wide. I still have tons of canker sores all over the inside of my lips but I can't really feel them so it's only slightly annoying.  My next appt. with OS is in three weeks! He's still concerned w/ my left nostril and my breathing through it. I'm believing that it's just swelling that needs to calm down and I won't need the second "dreaded surgery". :(

I went to the Dermatologist on Monday. He gave me some cream samples (for my face and canker sores) and a prescription of Solodyn. I was hoping it was just hives, but he said it was acne and rosacea. So, this prescription costs $724 for a one month supply. Not even kidding!!!! My first month was free and insurance will only cover for "pre-approval"....well, we all know I've unsuccessfully been down that road before. So, I hope this little blue pill lives up to what he thinks he's worth and that I'm as smooth as a baby's butt in 30 days or less! I will NOT be purchasing this lil' blue pill after my free sample. I'm not THAT vain!!!!

I had my FIRST ortho appt. on Thursday. Very exciting stuff! He was impressed with my bite. Although I have a slight crossbite and my back molars don't touch he still thinks I can be out of braces in six months! I'm still banking on nine, but if it's earlier that'll be icing on the cake I will be eating then!!!!  He left my surgical hooks and wires on but added a power chain to top and bottom. I was glad as I feel that helps smooth things out and may help w/ the canker sore issue.  I had some of my stitches stuck between my back brackets and it was pulling on my incision. I was sooo thankful for them to cut that part off and get it out of there. It was causing some discomfort and now I have none over there!!! He also only put one rubber band on at this time. It's on my left side in a box shape. It's not heavy so I still have good range of motion! I was happy with my first appt. I see my Ortho again in 5 weeks.

Well, that's about all I have to update right now. I can't wait to post pics with my hair fixed and makeup on! My hair still bothers me to touch my face. I'm sure it's just my OCD. Every time it's down it seems to cling to my face from the lotions I've been wearing and it feels totally strange. ewwww.....

I still am completely numb in my bottom lip but my swelling seems to be going down nicely now and I'm hoping to get feeling back soon! :)

Enjoy your week! This is such a busy time of year for us moms w/ kids. Fall seems to be packed with field trips, festivals, sports, parades, etc. Lovin' every minute of it!

Oh! on a side note...I went to a family fish fry yesterday. Most of my family acknowledged I look different. I know I still have quite a bit of swelling, mostly in my upper lip.  I feel like a duck or fish or something. Anyway, my favorite cousin (because she's possibly reading this :) ) Noted I looked like someone famous. I started to smile and then she added with a laugh. "It's no one attractive though...." And the smile fades.....Thanks.....Like I'm not already self conscious and emotionally taxed as it is!!! Gotta love family right?? :)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!! I would like to have a few words with your "favorite cousin" lol. Honestly you really do look great. That is crazy talk about the price of that pill! I mean, what the heck?!?!?! That must be one magic pill! I just realized that I have my yearly appointment with my derm three weeks after surgery which sounds like it will be good timing because I am sure my skin will be rockin'. Keep on keepin on...you are doing great!
JSM

Anonymous said...

Hello! I really have to start my own blog already as I keep posting comments on yours and a few others and no one knows who I am! M surgery date is May 2011. Anyway, your pic looks great, I really mean that. Your cousin sounds like a mean person. Usually people say that stuff because they are jealous of you in some way or another and want you to feel bad. So feel good in knowing she is envious of you in some way! Hee hee! You do look a little different but its good!! :-)

Also, yeah...my derm gave me a prescription for Solodyn once before as well. I laughed all the way out the pharmacy after telling them I would NOT be paying that much for re-branded minocyclen (which costs $10...).

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a blog now!

http://gumby-jaw-surgery.blogspot.com/

Couple of questions for you... Looking at your before and after pics, I think my surgery will be very similar to yours. Did you have your top jaw moved up and the bottom moved forward? Also, did you have to have anything done to your chin or no? I am hoping I don't need anything done to my chin!!

E Hest said...

MJS: I CAN NOT believe you're less than a week away from surgery....arrrggghhhhh....I can't wait for you! And it looks like the fam is staying 3 instead of 2 weeks? Good deal! Yeah, you gotta take what my fam says w/ a grain of salt...at least I do anyway! ;)

BraceFaced! So glad you finally started your blog. Yes, I went up 5 mm and out 2mm on top and bottom came forward 10 mm. They planned on the chin but decided against it once I came forward so much in surgery. I'm glad they did as I'm petite (5'2) anyway and didn't want to look unporportioned. Good luck w/ everything! I'm following your blog now! :)