Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Asinine Acne---3 Weeks Post-Op

Okay, so Aunt Acne came to visit and she won't LEAVE!!!! I'm literally about ready to become a hermit. I have been using toner and prescription cream but looks like she's decided to camp out on my FACE for awhile. Hopefully this too shall pass. I can just feel the oil oozing out of my pores. I wonder what causes these oils to go into overdrive???

Anyway, tomorrow I will be THREE weeks post op.  My swelling is still sticking around but I'm starting to feel much better. My energy level is up and I just feel like I'm HEALING. My OS gave the okay for me to start back up my muscle relaxer at bedtime which has helped me sleep tremendously. I still sleep on four pillows. OS said I only needed two but I feel much more comfortable w/ four as I still have lots of swelling...and it's allergy season.

Not much new news...my nose is drying up. I'm still drinking a lot of my meals. I may blend one meal a day to "cat food" consistency but it's still a lot of work to eat that way so I do a lot of drinks. Still some drooling and talking still tires me out but I can tell it's getting easier.  Over the weekend we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant. It was HELL, but I ordered something and ate a few refried bean w/ salsa and got home and blended my chicken enchilada with some salsa and chicken broth. It was HEAVENLY. The best meal yet! :) I don't really like ice cream much but I bought some Haagen Dazs caramel ice cream and now I'm addicted. So, some things are looking up. Took some pics of Aunt Acne...Also some new pics of smile/profile. I still have quite a bit of swelling (more on the left) so there's some asymmetry. I even notice it in my nostrils. I hope that one nostril calms down. It looks a little too perky! lol!

I see my OS on Thursday and he may give the okay to see my Ortho....we'll see. Also, I found out some CRUSHING news. My OS isn't going to file a second appeal to my insurance as the exclusions are so strong that they think I don't have a chance. So, I guess I can say... We spent A LOT of money and even though it's money well spent (I can already tell it's helping my ears, energy level, breathing, etc.) I still feel guilty.  Uncle Sam better give us a pretty darn good tax deduction is all I can say!

Here's my profile a month prior to surgery and at three weeks post-op and I still have quite a bit of swelling in my upper lip and lower jaw!! It still amazes me. I just want to stare!  Sorry about the hair. I'm just trying to keep it off my oily ole' face! :)

Have a great week everyone and HAPPY FALL!!!! Maybe we should celebrate w/ a pumpkin shake or something??? Any good recipes??? XOXOXOXO

4 comments:

Brent said...

Hi Elishia!
3 weeks post op already! Wow, time flies; you are looking great too! I don't know why skin gets oily after surgery, but I do know it is very common...strange though. Bummer news on the insurance, they suck! Health is always important no mattter what. I like to read the stories of what you are blending to "cat food" consistency. I invision that as my plan too, but it is nice to see someone succeeding at it. In my journeys of researching jaw surgery I did come accross a long list of jaw surgery recipes..I will email those to you at your email address listed on your blog...hope you don't mind.
Have a wonderful week!
Regards,
Brent

E Hest said...

Thanks so much, Brent! I would really appreciate that. I don't read many of the blogs as I have to admit, I get discouraged when things go wrong and infections/ second surgeries are needed!

So the food list would be AWESOME! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisha

not sure if you still check this blog but i thought i would ask

its 6 months post op and I've never had such bad acne in my life!

i just wanted to contact you about an update - how long did yours take to clear?

E Hest said...

Oh man! I forgot about this asinine adolescent acne! Lol! I'm sure it didn't take as long to clear up as it felt! Maybe a month? Looking back there were a couple things that might have contributed...one, I was using heating pad on my jaw and that could've caused more irritation/inflammation. And two, I was doing tons of dairy... Like muscle milk, etc. Once I started adding more fruits/veggies it really helped! Good luck... Before long it'll be a distant memory!!! ☺️