Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 11 Post-Op!!!

Okay, I'm 11 days post-op. I can't believe I'm this close to two weeks. This will be my first full week of "back to normalcy" as I say. Eric is back to work full-time...house duties, bills, kids, etc are all back to my responsibility. I'm ready for it though...I need life to get back to normal.

I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. Yesterday we had my son's first soccer game and then had a family get-together at my sister's house. I played croquet and blended some zucchini casserole and some "vanilla" oreo's w/ milk (at separate times! lol) and got pretty wore out. I think my body wasn't used to that rich of food and of course being up and about all day so I'm a little lazy today. I did get up and go to church but I think I'm just going to eat soup today and lay low a little.

I'm getting more feeling in my face each day. I actually think I'm having a harder time talking (not sure why) but I get the splint out on Thurs. so I'm not worrying about it right now. Swelling is still going down. Slowly but surely. I posted a new pic. I don't really like this pic but o'well. I do still have swelling and of course I'm not wearing make up. I don't know when I'll go that far....My hair...is another issue. Because of the stress, and the change in diet I've been loosing ALOT. And let me tell you...I don't have alot to lose. There's nothing I can do about it though so I can't dwell. I do need to get it trimmed and it's funny...I think my hair looks different now that my face shape is a little different. I'm debating cutting bangs. I guess I'll wait another couple weeks to see what my face looks like then!

I'm still drooling some and I have got in a habit of making this "clucking" type noise as I suck the saliva back in my mouth. It was so funny...we were at my sister's house yesterday checking out the peacock eggs she is incubating. My other sis and I were leaning down real close to look in the incubator when I decided to suck my saliva....making the clucking noise.  She was like "what was that???" as she peered in to the incubator. I think she thought one of the peacocks were hatching!!! I sure hated to bust her bubble!

Really not much more news. I take my rubber bands out once a day and try to do open/close mouth exercises. I can open my mouth almost two fingers. Don't know if this is good or bad. I also finished my amoxicillin so I'm done w/ all prescriptions. Yay! I just pray I stay healthy and get NO INFECTIONS.

I've always had trouble w/ my ears getting very full and getting infected.  Especially this time of year...so far they haven't been. I totally believe that this surgery had helped (and will continue) to help my ears. I know the Dr's don't believe that this could help my ears but I seriously do. I also love my sister who is my biggest cheerleader. I know she is believing right a long with me! If you ever read this...Thank you Paula! XOXO

Welp, that's it for today.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

2 fingers sounds great to me - holy cow! At 2 MONTHS post op I was just over a finger. Over a year post op I'm comfortably at 2 fingers.

June said...

Hi E. I know that weird clucking sound. I did that too. What a funny story about the eggs. You should keep "freaking" her out with that.

I also know what you mean about the hair loss, but mine started about 2-3 months after the surgery. It's been going on for 3 weeks or so. I wasn't sure why and I'm still not. Maybe it is just our bodies' reaction to the surgery. If you find out anything about that I would love to know.

I agree with your sister too about your ears. All that stuff is connected, ears, throat, nose, and jaw, so why couldn't it help? I'm sure that would be an answer to pray for you too.

Two fingers - wow.That's all I can do at 4 months out. So jealous. hehe June

E Hest said...

Okay, to be fair....I should say two of MY fingers. They're very small so it is probably only equal to ONE of my OS's!!! :) And my range of motion seems to be getting LESS so I better start exercising that jaw!

The hair thing is definitely related to the "traumatic" surgery and the change in our diet. You're right though, it usually starts 2-3 months after the "incident". I had a really traumatic event happen a couple years ago and the same thing happened so I know that's what's going on. Really nothing we can do about it but wait for new healthy hair. I guess using some shampoo that stimulates the scalp like Nioxin or something and hair/nail vitamins. I just started my vitamins back up but it's not going to stop the loss. Have a great week! :)