Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 6 Post-Op

Well, I must say things are getting better. With that comes wanting to "eat" and "talk" and all of those things that are frustrating right now. I still get tired pretty easily and very nauseous. Not sure why as I've pretty much stopped pain meds except for occasional Ibuprofen and the antibiotics they have me on. Maybe that's it? I see my OS on Wednesday so I'm going to ask about this. I also have a very dry mouth and lots of nasal stuff. Which I would anyway since it's allergy season. I'm concerned about my lips not closing. I know the OS said he had to cut a lot of muscles right there so maybe I just need to do some exercises to get it back? I tried to put my lips around a straw and can't. Hopefully that'll change. This is probably also why I'm drooling so much.  I'll ask on Wed. My swelling is going down some. It's still pretty swollen on my left side of face and I'm starting to bruise on my chin and even down my neck. But, things are improving! Thankfully! Eric is staying home Wed and Thurs and will return to work on Friday. He has a meeting tomorrow he HAS to attend so my wonderful neighbor is going to watch Emry for a few hours to help out.  Well, here are Day 6 photos. I tried to smile in the second one! lol!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! you are doing well- You will be able to do all those things soon, i'm sure- Even using a straw and without drooling. My surgery is in a years time and i really appreciate you sharing your experience. I hope you are feeling better...

E Hest said...

Thanks Etta! I'm thankful there are these types of things so we CAN help each other out! ;)

Brent said...

Hi Elishia!
You are looking good, and your smile is great! Glad to hear the hubby is staying home a little longer..big bonus points for him! Also glad to hear you are feeling a little better!
Everything will continue to improve!
Have a super wonderful MONDAY!
Brent

RoxieK said...

Hi Elisha!
Talking was one of my biggest frustrations in the early days! It'll get better though, just stay patient. Your body is working really hard on healing right now so you tire out more quickly than normal. For the nausea, try some drinkable yogurt, it will help.

You are doing great! Hang in there, it all gets better soon!

Roxie

E Hest said...

Roxie, why do you think I'm so nauseous? Did they tell you why? I've stopped the pain meds and am only taking Ibpropfen and my amoxicillin. I'm having my hubby get drinkable yougurt today! ;)

RoxieK said...

Oh, I feel your pain! I fought nausea for about a week and half or so, even after I had stopped the pain meds. My doc said the amoxicillin can cause it too. He had me stop it since I was healing up quickly along w/the yogurt. Don't stop taking your amox though! Hang in there till you see your doc and ask him about it. I hope the yogurt helps ya in meantime!

(Sorry I mis-spelled your name!)

June said...

Hi Elishia. I see the Backyard Agains (is that how you spell it?) on the TV. My boys used to watch that all the time.
Your post sounds just like one of mine. About your lips closing - you do have a big splint in there and a lot of swelling too. That will make a huge difference. I'm not sure about the nausea, but maybe it could be all the gross drainage or the amoxicillin. I had a lot of gross stuff in my throat for weeks after surgery. Sorry if it's TMI. Try to keep something in your stomach as much as possible, esp when you take your amoxicillin. Also, just the blood that's still draining can really make you nauseous. You are through the bad part. Yeah!! You look great. Hardly any bruising. Wow.

E Hest said...

Thanks June! I see the OS today so I'm anxious to see what he has to say! Yes, we love the Backyardagains. Their songs are so catchy! lol! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisha! I am following your blog. My surgery will be May 2011 likely. Thanks for sharing your experience! You look like you are healing nicely! :-)