Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 3 Post-Op Photos

Yesterday was day three post surgery. I had surgery Tuesday afternoon and came home Thursday night. Friday I was seen back in the OS office for a follow up. He said everything looked good and that my swelling was minimal. I don't feel at all like it's minimal! My eyeballs hurt because everything is so swollen and I can't breathe through my nose at all. I think I feel like such a freak that it's taking it out of me emotionally! I just want to get better already. I'm nervous around my kids, my dog, my husband! I just look and feel like a huge bloated fish!

I'm still taking pain meds and anti-nausea meds. I actually hadn't been nauseous until today. I also choke down chicken broth and muscle milk daily. I started out w/ Ensure but it was a little thicker than the muscle milk so now I'm drinking it. Doesn't taste the greatest but it has those calories and protein needed to heal...and I want to HEAL!!!!

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I have all the pillows propped up and can't breathe. I'm just hoping I can manage when Eric goes back to work on Tuesday. That's what's making me nervous.  I'm in charge of this house and I feel HELPLESS. :(

3 comments:

Brent said...

Hi Elishia!
Hang in there, as you know from your own research the 1st week is rough...but you hit a major mile stone - the 3 day mark! Congrats!
I will be sending you good thoughts and vibes for healing and comfort! Soon all this will be in the rear view mirror!
Keep the faith!
Regards,
Brent

E Hest said...

Thanks Brent! I really need to hear that! Today does seem a "little" better. I'm trying to take less pain meds and applying moist heat which seems to help. I just want to say...anyone that goes through this is a STRONG person! I look at June and think, MAN, she made it look easy! ;)

June said...

Hi Elishia. You are through the worst part of swelling and that will be going down slowly. The breathing was hard for about a week for me. Just remember that it will go away, just do what you can to loosen up the crude in your nose. A warm shower or a humidifier helped me. That was one of the most annoying things after surgery. You don't have any kids at home after your husband goes back to work, do you? If so, you probably will have a hard enough time taking care of yourself. I know I felt better after a week, but I'm not sure if I could have taken care of anyone else but myself. My mom stayed for 2 weeks to help me. That was plenty of time and it was so nice to have help. Much love and prayers. June
P.S. You're so sweet. ;-)